MASA is hosting two workshops for School ADvance GrowthPLUS subscribers, offering training and solid support of their educator evaluation tool, helping administrators to meet all state requirements surrounding evaluations. This robust network of school administrators will be provided the opportunity to develop skills to further district learning growth and improvement. The two sessions will include a focus on fully integrating, designing, developing, facilitating, supporting, and evaluating the School ADvance educator evaluation system.
The first workshop, Session 1 will be held on December 11, 2017. At this workshop, the School ADvance trainers will engage administrators with an introduction to School ADvance 2.0 materials and current MDE guidance on student growth. Participants will leave this session having a better understanding of Domain 1: Results, and how to develop a student growth rating system.
When: December 11, 2017: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 925 Creyts Rd., Lansing, MI 48917
- Welcome and Orientation to the GrowthPLUS Network
- Introduction to School ADvance 2.0
- Current MDE Guidance on Student Growth
- Developing Student Growth Ratings for 2018-19 Forward
School ADvance Trainers: (Sara Shriver, Derek Wheaton & Susan Wakefield)
To participate in these workshops, a subscription to GrowthPLUS is required. GrowthPLUS participants are district representatives (one to two per subscriber district) who will be responsible for designing, developing, facilitating, supporting, and evaluating their district’s educator evaluation system.
Districts that have adopted School ADvance can join the GrowthPLUS Network for an annual fee of $750.
The GrowthPLUS subscription covers:
- Two drive in clinic opportunities exploring topics such as the characteristics of an effective educator evaluation system, evaluation process updates and student growth model support.
- Webinars supporting effective observations, current legislation and evaluation planning/timelines
- Website Resource Center
- Communication support